August 2019 has been a really strong month for me, I posted every single day which makes it the most successful month at Unix Tutorial to date. I don't have any more holidays planned any time soon so expect the number and quality of posts to be stable for the rest of 2019!
Unix and Linux News
- Linux Mint 19.2 released!
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.7 is released – I'm still using RHEL7.6 and RHEL8.0 beta though
- Chris Beard leaves his CEO post with Mozilla – just when things are getting interesting and so much great news are reported around Firefox! He's leaving position on good terms and staying with Mozilla though.
- FFmpeg 4.2 released after 9 months of development – AV1 video format gets a lot of support at last! Tons of new video processing filters as well.
- Huawei revealed their Harmony OS – and someone thought Android licensing pressure would stop them!
- QEMU 4.1.0 is released – this reminds me: need to write a few posts about it soon
- GIMP forked as Glimpse – seems like an interesting idea as it's not just about naming GIMP graphics editor as something friendlier – they are going to fix some long standing bugs and address feature requests as well.
- Thunderbird 68.0 released – it's actually been ages since I used this client – must give it another try!
Interesting and Useful
- Perl 6 will probably get renamed to Raku
- IBM open sources POWER ISA
- Google, Mozilla and Apple all decided to reject the CA certificate deployed in Kazakhstan for capturing all mobile traffic
Unix Tutorial articles
There's been a few slow days but still quite a few topics covered in August 2019:
- How To: Setup sudo in Debian
- How To Create a Unix Group with Ansible
- How To Tag Docker Images
- Install Latest tmux with Homebrew
- sed replace examples
- How To: Install Docker for Mac
- Installing Kali Linux 2019.2
- Convert Epoch Time with Python
- Show Monitor Resolutions with xrandr
- Examples of Using ip command
- Assign Keyboard Shortcut to Screenshot in Ubuntu
- Unix Tutorial: PDF Versions of Posts
- Deploy Your SSH key To Remote Server
- Listing Full Timestamps with ls in Linux
- Projects: Upgrading Armbian on Helios 4
- brew Command Not Found
- Upgrade Ubiquiti UniFi on Ubuntu 19.04
- ./command Syntax and How To Use It
- How To Tell What Group Unix User Is In
- Troubleshooting: ifconfig Not Found in Debian
- screenFetch in MacOS
- Thank You For Your Support!
- Hello, World in Go
- 5 Ways to Use nslookup
- Advice: Safely Removing a File or Directory in Unix
- Running Ansible Scripts in Dry Run Mode
- New Sections on Unix Tutorial Website
- Projects: Compile Brave Browser in Ubuntu 19.04
- Linux Mint 19.2 Released
- How To Delete Protected Image in OpenStack
- Using Multiple SSH ports
- Upgrading Raspbian OS from Stretch to Buster
- How To: Install Go on Raspberry Pi
- Unix Tutorial Digest – July 28th, 2019
That's it for the month of August 2019!