It's time for another Unix Tutorial digest – this issue covers notable events and releases in December 2019.
I also plan to start annual digests, will try and publish the Unix Tutorial Annual Digest 2019 tomorrow.
Please get in touch to arrange a technical consultation with me or suggest a useful link for the next digest here at Unix Tutorial.
Unix Tutorial News
Unix Tutorial website now has a chat feature! This means you can ping me and ask a quick question or discuss a project. My online (live chat) time is quite limited but please take a moment to leave me note and your email so that I can get back to you.
Unix and Linux News
I have started a new category on Unix Tutorial – called New Releases, that's where OS upgrades and Linux kernel releases will be announced going forward (they're still blog posts).
- Kali Linux 2019.4
- Linux Mint 19.3 was released – must try it soon
- VirtualBox 6.1 released – this is the must-have software on Linux and Windows platforms, such a great and stable desktop virtualization product
- tmux 3.0a is here – I already upgraded tmux to 3.0a on my macOS systems to this version
- Ruby got upgraded to 2.7.0
- QEMU 4.2 is here
Interesting and Useful
- Basics: setting static IP address in Ubuntu
- Show lines around matched pattern with grep
- Confirm Symlink Destination
Unix Tutorial articles
Full list of posts published on Unix Tutorial in December 2019, 18 posts in total:
- Check Python Version
- Merry Christmas!
- Show Next Few Lines with grep
- Install Jekyll 4 in macOS
- How To Change Mac Hostname with scutil
- Protecting Directories with Sticky Bit
- neofetch in Debian Linux
- VirtualBox 6.1 Released
- Ubuntu – Static IP
- How To Confirm Symlink Destination
- Get Last Field with awk
- Live Chat on Unix Tutorial
- Kali Linux 2019.4
- List Kernel Extensions with kextfind
- How To: List Kernel Modules in macOS
- more or less
- Sort Files by Size with ls
- Unix Tutorial Digest – December 1st, 2019
That's it for the month of December 2019!
Leave a Reply