Linux Kernel 5.5
Here’s what I find interesting in this release:
- improved Raspberry Pi 4 support – that’s pretty cool! must give it a try since my RPi4 is still not running any software
- further filesystem improvements: exFAT, ext4 and btrfs all get further refinements. Notable is direct I/O via iomap for ext4
- initial Thunderbolt 3 support – that’s pretty cool, I have a TB3 Add-In card for my 5K monitor as you remember
- AMD Navi GPU overclocking support
- NVMe drive temperature driver – also very convenient. I’m getting this info on Macbook out of the box, so will be interesting to try NVMe functionality on a Linux desktop.